Northern Lights® Lavender
Star-ClusterItem no. S9540, S9540P
- Northern Star
- Northern Lights® continues to grow and flower under cooler temperatures
- Large, open flower clusters are self cleaning, providing continuous colour throughout the summer
- Less pH sensitive
20″ / 52 cm
Bedding, Potplant, Landscape
- Uses: large containers, garden specimens and mass landscape plantings
- Exposure: Sun
- Garden height: 20″ / 52 cm
- Crop time: 14-18 weeks
- Sow time: from January on
- Sowing method: 1Pill per cell
Sow seed in a media with a pH between 5.8 and 7.2. Maintain uniform soil moisture levels and humidity levels above 95 %. Stage I temperatures of 75-80 °F (23-26 °C) optimize germination. Water with warm water to avoid shocking seedlings during Stage I.
Do not cover seed as light increases germination rate and improves seedling uniformity. Begin light feeding with
25-50 ppm nitrogen. Continue Stage I conditions for 7-10 days.
- Growing On: Transplant plugs into 4-6" (10-15 cm) pots or hanging baskets. Grow on at 60-68 °F (15-20 °C). Fertilize at 100-150 ppm nitrogen in a well-balanced mix. Monitor soil pH levels and maintain a pH above 6.3.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.