Garden SpireaItem no. B7050, B7050P
- Immediately available!
- First annualized Astilbe on the market
- Fast programmable production
- Naturally compact habit
- Reduced production and shipping costs
- Adaptable uses
- Indoor outdoor versatility
- Luxurious flower inflorescences
- Increased consumer appeal
10″ / 25 cm
Sun - Shade
- Uses: pot plant, border plant
- Exposure: Sun - Shade
- Garden height: 10″ / 25 cm
- Crop time: 12-23 weeks
- Sowing method: 3-5 seeds per plug
- Germination*: Sow 2-3 seeds per cell in well-drained media with good moisture holding capacity. Maintain high but not saturated soil moisture levels during plug production. Germinates at 68-72 °F (20-22 °C) in 28 days. During Stage II lower temperatures to 65-70 °F (18-21 °C). Plugs should finish in 10-12 weeks. DO NOT VERNALIZE PLUGS.
- Growing On: Grow on 65-70 °F (18-21 °C) - DO NOT VERNALIZE PLUGS
- Media: Use a friable, coarse-fibered perennial media containing 10-20 % clay, 0-15 % organic matter (such as wood chips or bark humus), a multiple balanced fertilizer at 1-1.5 kg per m³, Radigen at 100 g/m³, and a coated time release fertilizer (4-5 months) at 3-4 kg; pH value: 5.5-6.0
- Temperature: 15-18 °C. Non-frost-free overwintering: Cover the plants with a non-woven cloth to protect against direct sunlight. Frost-free overwintering: 3-5 °C
- Fertilization: Heavy feeder. Apply 150-200 mg N per l of a balanced multiple fertilizer containing a high percentage of nitrate nitrogen. Ensure a good potassium supply. Avoid overfertilization with nitrogen. Use 1-2 applications of sequestered iron to avoid iron deficiency.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.