Morning Star Deep Rose
Sea ThriftItem no. B4750
- Bright like the Morning Star
- FastraX perennial: flowers the first year from seed without vernalization
- Small, compact habit allows growers to produce Morning Star pot tight
- Pair with Aquilegia Spring Magic® and Pansy Inspire® for early flowering spring combinations
6″ / 15 cm
- Uses: Evergreen perennial, fi rst year flowering without vernalization. For beds, borders, and mixed containers
- Exposure: Sun
- Garden height: 6″ / 15 cm
- Crop time: 15-16 weeks
- Sow time: January-April fl ower flowering from May onwards; August to September for flowering the following year in March
- Sowing method: 2-3 seeds per plug
- Germination*: 4-10 days at 68-70 °F (20-21 °C). Cover seeds lightly. Finish plugs at 65-68 °F (18-20 °C)
- Growing On: Transplant into well-drained media. Grow on at 60-65 °F (15-18 °C) for optimum growth. Night temperatures below 55 °F (13 °C) significantly slow plant growth and increase crop times. Cool mature plants or large plugs for best flowering.
- Media: Use a well-drained, growing perennial substrate, pH: 5.8-7.0.
- Temperature: Grow at 13-17 °C. In winter indoors frost free at 3-5 °C or outdoors. Outdoors a fleece cover is needed. For forcing in spring grow for 10-11 weeks at 15-18 °C. Cold temperatures from 7-12 °C slow down plant growth and increase crop times. At temperatures below 7 °C plants stop growing.
- Fertilization: Low-moderate fertilization levels are required.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.