- Fragrant and free flowering
- Lavender Vicenza evokes the scents and appeal of a Mediterranean summer
- Native to the Mediterranean region, Vicenza is heat and drought tolerant
- Flowering the first year from seed without vernalization, Vicenza is a summer long performer
- An attractive addition to fragrant gardens, and patio pots, Vicenza adds and elegance to any setting
- With its uniform flowering habit, a bed of Vicenza is visually striking, offering beauty as well as a pleasing scent
- Large, deep blue flower spikes form an abundant crown of flowers over fragrant foliage
- Flowers and foliage can be used dried for fragrant arrangements or potpourri and a garden reminder during cool winter months.
- Crop Time
- Spring: 14 - 16 weeks
- 16 ″ / 40 cm
- Seed Form
- Raw Seed, ApeX
- Heat Zone
- 12 - 7
- Hardiness Zone
- 5 - 9
- Best Uses
- Bedding, Cutflower, Landscape
Perennial for border and open positions, ornamental leaf plant, aromatic plant, medicinal plant, pot and container plant, attractive for bees
2-3 seeds per plug
Sow in well drained porous media. Germinates in 7-10 days at 65-72 °F (18-22 °C). Maintain 95 % or higher relative humidity levels. Light is required for germination
Grow on at 55-65 °F (12-18 °C) in an alkaline medium. Continue feeding weekly at 100-150 ppm nitrate nitrogen in a well balanced fertilizer mix. Grow plants on the dry side. Provide sufficient space and light levels for plants to develop compact branching habit. Flowers are initiated under long days.
Use a well-drained, growing perennial substrate, pH: 5.8-7.0.
Grow at 12-21 °C or outdoors. A forcing in spring with warm temperatures need high light intensity and decreases the cultivation time.
Moderate fertilization levels are required.
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.