Mexican Feather GrassItem no. Z1081
- Shining silvery panicles with long awns, soft fine, hair-like leaves, wintergreen, attractive tuft-forming dot plant
- Ideal for containers and cut production
35″ / 90 cm
- Uses: For single and group plantings, ornamental decorations, cut and dried flower production
- Exposure: Sun
- Garden height: 35″ / 90 cm
- Crop time: 12 weeks
- Sow time: December-April
- Sowing method: 5-10 seeds in plugs
- Germination*: 3 weeks at 68°F (20°C)
- Growing On: Grow on at 60-68 °F (15-20 °C).
- Media: Sandy grit, pH-value: 6.0-7.5
- Temperature: 10-18 °C. Protect during cold winters against deep frost.
- Fertilization: Low-moderate fertilization levels are required.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.