Crystal Peak White
Obedient PlantItem no. U1090
- Garden's First Lady
- FastraX perennial: flowers the first year from seed without vernalization
- Compact habit reduces shipping cost and bench space
16″ / 40 cm
Sun - Partial shade
- Uses: Pot plants, landscape perennial, cut flower, mixed containers
- Exposure: Sun - Partial shade
- Garden height: 16″ / 40 cm
- Crop time: 16-18 weeks
- Sow time: December-March for flowering in pots from May-July. July-August for flowering in larger pots the following year
- Sowing method: 1-3 seeds per plug
- Germination*: Stage I: 12-16 days at 65-72 °F (18-22 °C), Stage II-IV: 17-42 days at 60-65 °F (15-18 °C). Use media with very low soluble salt levels and pH: 5.5-7.0. Cover seed lightly with vermiculite after sowing. Keep soil slightly moist but not wet. Avoid direct sunlight by shading seeds after sowing.
- Growing On: Transplant plugs after 7 weeks. Grow on at 60-65 °F (15-18 °C), in a humus medium.
- Media: Use a well-drained, growing substrate with 15-30 % clay, 0-15 % parts (e.g. bark, perlite, sand), 1-3 kg/m³ complete balanced fertilizer, 0-3 kg/m³ slow release fertilizer (3-9 months), iron-chelate, micronutrients, pH: 5.5-7.0.
- Temperature: Grow at 50-64 °F (10-18 °C) or outdoors. In winter indoors frost free at 38-41°F (3-5 °C) or outdoors with fleece cover.
- Fertilization: High fertilization levels are required. Fertilize the crop weekly with 130-150 ppm nitrogen (at 3 kg/m³ slow release fertilizer in substrate), using complete balanced fertilizer. Avoid high ammonium and high nitrogen levels. Don‘t fertilize after mid September. In spring fertilize 130-150 ppm nitrogen of a potassium balanced fertilizer (N: K2O-ratio: 1:1.5). Prevent magnesium deficiency by applying magnesium sulphate (0.05 %) 1-2 times and in case of iron deficiency apply iron-chelate for 1-2 times.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.