Cheddar PinkItem no. L3315C
- FastraX perennial: first year flowering, without vernalization
- Easy to produce
- RoseQuartz presents most flowers with deep rose ring
- Sweet scent
- Makes a perfect show in pots, in rock gardens or as a border planting
- Long flowering period; Summer long garden appeal
- BeGreen Coating
12″ / 30 cm
Sun - Partial shade
- Uses: Perennial, first year flowering. Pot plant for sales from May onwards, for use in containers, borders, and rock gardens.
- Exposure: Sun - Partial shade
- Garden height: 12″ / 30 cm
- Crop time: 11-13 weeks
- Sow time: February-April for flowering in May-July, August-September for flowering in the following year
- Sowing method: Multiple sow, 3-5 seeds per plug. Alternatively, direct sow in the final pot.
- Germination*: 10-12 days at 70-75 °F (21-24 °C).
- Growing On: Transplant plugs in late winter through early spring.
- Media: Use a friable, coarse-fibered substrate with a pH of 5.5-5.8.
- Temperature: 15-18 °C 59-64 °F, start ventilating at 20 °C 68 °F. A minimum temperature of 15 °C is required for flowering to occur. Plants may be overwintered at 3-5 °C 37-41 °F.
- Fertilization: Requires low nutrient levels.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.