Alpine Breeze Blue
Spiral BellflowerItem no. H1230, H1230 / P
- Alpine Beauty
- Better availability!
- Significantly earlier than other Campanula varieties
- Narrow flowering window
- Very floriferous
5″ / 13 cm
Pelleted & Raw
- Uses: Pots and combinations
- Exposure: Sun
- Garden height: 5″ / 13 cm
- Crop time: 16-19 weeks
- Sowing method: 5-7 seeds per plug, sowing in final pot is possible
- Germination*: Germinates in 14-30 days at 65-72 °F (18-22 °C). Cover seed lightly with vermiculite after sowing.
- Growing On: Transplant plugs after 9-10 weeks. Grow on at 55-65 °F (13-18 °C) in a well-drained, alkaline medium. Vernalization is not required for flower initiation.
- Media: pH: Maintain media pH of 5.5-5.8, EC: <0.5
- Temperature: Maintain temperatures of 18-22°C.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.