Rock CressItem no. B4130
- Cushions of bright white flowers on compact mounding plants
- First year flowering
5″ / 12 cm
Sun - Partial shade
- Uses: FastraX perennial, plants for the rock garden, that attract bees, pot plants
- Exposure: Sun - Partial shade
- Garden height: 5″ / 12 cm
- Crop time: 5 months
- Sow time: Green pots: January-June; Flowering pots: Early August-Mid September for flowering in 8th week
- Sowing method: 1-3 seeds per plug
- Germination*: 6-12 days at 65-70 °F (18-21 °C). Sow 3-5 seeds per cell in well-drained media. Do not cover seed as light is required for germination. Finish plugs at 62-65 °F (16-18 °C). Do not over water.
- Growing On: Transplant into well-drained media. Once established, grow on at 55-65 °F (13-18 °C). ‘Snowfix’ does not require vernalization for flowering.
- Media: Use a well-drained, growing perennial substrate, pH: 6.0-6.5.
- Temperature: Grow at 12-15 °C or outdoors. In winter indoors frost free at 3-5 °C or outdoors. Outdoor fleece cover needed. In spring the plants start to grow (from week 51 possible) for 9-11 weeks at 8-10 °C or for 5-6 weeks at 15-18 °C.
- Fertilization: Moderate fertilization levels are required.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.