Item no. A0420
- Bright white, fully double flowers over deep green foliage
12″ / 30 cm
- Uses: Perennial, first year flowering. Pot plant for sales from May onwards, for use in containers, borders, and perennial gardens.
- Exposure: Sun
- Garden height: 12″ / 30 cm
- Crop time: 11-13 weeks
- Sow time: February-April for flowering in May-July, September for flowering in the following year
- Sowing method: Multiple sow, 2-3 seeds per plug
- Germination*: 10-15 days at temperatures of 65-70 °F (18-21 °C), in media with low soluble salt levels and a pH range of 5.8-6.5. Light is required for germination. Finish plugs at 60-65 °F (15-18 °C).
- Growing On: Grow on at temperatures of 55-60 °F (13-15 °C). In spring, begin forcing plants at temperatures of 60-65 °F (15-18 °C).
- Media: Use a friable, coarse-fibered substrate with a pH of 5.8-6.5.
- Temperature: 13-15 °C (55-59 °F), start ventilating at 20 °C (68 °F). Plants may be overwintered in house at 3-5 °C (37-41 °F) or in the field. For outdoor overwintering, cover with a non-woven cloth.
- Fertilization: Requires high nutrient levels.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.