Speedstar® Plus Rose
Item no. D2191, D2191P
- Great for early spring sales
- Better uniformity
- More reliable seed pellet
- Compact plant habit, smaller leaves
5″ / 13 cm
Sun - Partial shade
Pelleted & Raw
- Uses: Biennial, flowering without vernalisation in fall and spring; Pot, mixed containers, borders or flower beds
- Exposure: Sun - Partial shade
- Garden height: 5″ / 13 cm
- Crop time: 10-14 weeks
- Sow time: July August for fall sales, September-November for spring sales
- Sowing method: 1 or 2 pellets per plug
- Germination*: 7-14 days at 70-75 °F (21-24 °C), do not cover seed. After germination, gradually reduce temperatures to 60-68 °F (15-20 °C) while maintaining adequate ventilation.
- Growing On: Grow on at temperatures of 65-68°F (18-20°C) for fall production and 45-50 °F (7-10 °C) for spring production. Plants will flower in approximately 8-10 weeks. Sow in July for fall flowering; or October for early spring flowering. Produce both fall and spring Bellis crops under conditions similar to pansy production.
- Media: Use a well drained growing substrate, pH: 5.5-6.3
- Temperature: 16-18 °C for fall and early spring sales or frost free to 10 °C for later spring sales.
- Fertilization: Moderate fertilization levels are required
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.