Nonstop® Joy Yellow
Item no. C8270, C8270P
- Compact Semi-Trailing Nonstop® Begonia
- The unique trailing Begonia from seed
- Ideally suited for premium baskets – forms nice globes
- Well branched, healthy plants
- Great show in pots, containers and also garden beddings
- Perfect mounded habit
- Versatile uses in shady to half-shady areas
- Easy to ship due to half trailing branches
- Presents perfect upright flowers in sales stage/pots and baskets
10″ / 25 cm
Partial shade - Sun
Potplant, Basket, Landscape
- Uses: Pots, Hanging Baskets, Mixed Containers and Landscape
- Exposure: Partial shade - Sun
- Garden height: 10″ / 25 cm
- Sowing method: Sow 1-2 seeds or pellets per plug.
- Germination*: Optimum conditions for seedling development, beginning on the day of sowing until radicle emergence. Expect radicle emergence in 7-10 days.
- Temperature: 72-74 °F (22-23 ˚C) until radicle emergence. Higher temperatures, exceeding 80 °F (27 °C) will inhibit germination. Upon radicle emergence, on day 10-14 reduce the temperature to 68-70 °F (20-21 °C) until cotyledon expansion. On day 21 the temperature can be reduced further to 68 °F (20 °C). For irrigation use warm water (above 64 °F / 18 °C) only.
- Fertilization: Begin fertilizing early once germination is complete, approximately day 14. Lower rates of feeding at 50 ppm 2-3 times per week will help to size up the seedlings. Under higher light conditions use a 20-10-20 fertilizer and under lower light a 17-5-17. Once seedlings are established the 17-5-17 fertilizer works well. Include a micro nutrient package to give adequeste supply of minor elements.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.