AERO Deep Yellow
Viola, HornedItem no. W9061
5″ / 13 cm
Sun - Shade
- Uses: All-round crop for packs, pots 10-15 cm (4-6’’), container and mass plantings in early spring and fall
- Exposure: Sun - Shade
- Garden height: 5″ / 13 cm
- Crop time: 9-13 weeks
- Germination*: Stage I : 3-4 days at 20 °C (68 °F). Cover the seed with a thin layer of coarse vermiculite. Maintain the plug media at wet to moist level. Use a well-drained media with pH 5.5-5.8 and an EC level below 0.5. Light is not required but will improve germination.
- Growing On: Transplant 4-5 weeks after sowing from plug tray (288 cells) to avoid initiation in the plug stage.
- Media: Charge the media with a medium nutrient charge to encourage good plant development before flowering.
- Temperature: Maintain day temperatures of 15 °C (60 °F) and night temperatures of 10-13 °C (50-55 °F). Cool growing conditions as in spring will reduce the need for growth regulators but can increase crop time.
- Fertilization: One week after transplant start to fertilize with 150 ppm weekly with a calcium based fertilizer. Maintain pH levels of 5.6-5.8 and an EC of 1.0.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium.
Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.